|About Truth in Food|
Food. You think it's just what goes into your body? Not anymore.
Today, food has become the focus for so much more: Metaphor for poets and scholars, symbol for social activists, target for politicians, springboard for cultural comment. The result? Uninformed news reporting. Shrill political rhetoric. Defensive bickering. Misappropriation of science. Downright silliness.
The answer? Truth in Food.
Truth in Food traverses the entire food chain, traveling the long and winding road from conception to consumption armed with the farmer's natural skepticism and the scholar's thirst for knowledge, the mechanic's understanding of nuts and bolts and the philosopher's impulse toward the sublime, all blended with insight, scholarship, thought and good old fashioned humor.
Whether you’re after food for thought, food for the soul, food for love...or just plain-old food, visit Truth in Food to weed away the brush and let the sun shine down. Discover what's really happening in the food-chain, what goes into your food (and doesn't) and what goes on to get food to you.
Truth in Food. A recommended daily allowance
- There are 20 different amino acids in the food we eat, but our body can only make 11 of them. The nine essential amino acids, which cannot be produced by the body, must be obtained from the diet. A va... More...
- Dave -- You miss the point ! You say, "We are omnivorous an need an animal protein diet to live a healthy life ". I say, WHY were we so made ? ? ? . The Creator had full control and had the option to ... More...
- I am a modern human leaving in a modern world. I do not need to refer to the Bible to know what is wrong or right. I think since we can live a healthy life without needing to kill any animal that it j... More...
- Wesley Smith is like the cancer of humanity. God created us and animals. A stone did not created animals. God did. Therefore we are equal! We and animals deserve the same respect. "Meat and dairy indu... More...
- While I agree with about 99% of what Mike Smith writes, I'm guessing a part of that literary hug is that he writes it so damn well...I tell ya, Mike, there's a book in there somewhere...well done. More...
Don't miss the next Truth in Food update. Subscribe here.