A Rat is no Pig is no Dog is no Boy
'Animal Rights' is an empty philosophy, and here's how farmers can expose its weaknesses to the light of truth: A Truth in Food conversation with author Wesley J. Smith. Listen to the entire interview.
|About Truth in Food|
Food. You think it's just what goes into your body? Not anymore.
Today, food has become the focus for so much more: Metaphor for poets and scholars, symbol for social activists, target for politicians, springboard for cultural comment. The result? Uninformed news reporting. Shrill political rhetoric. Defensive bickering. Misappropriation of science. Downright silliness.
The answer? Truth in Food.
Truth in Food traverses the entire food chain, traveling the long and winding road from conception to consumption armed with the farmer's natural skepticism and the scholar's thirst for knowledge, the mechanic's understanding of nuts and bolts and the philosopher's impulse toward the sublime, all blended with insight, scholarship, thought and good old fashioned humor.
Whether you’re after food for thought, food for the soul, food for love...or just plain-old food, visit Truth in Food to weed away the brush and let the sun shine down. Discover what's really happening in the food-chain, what goes into your food (and doesn't) and what goes on to get food to you.
Truth in Food. A recommended daily allowance
Don't miss the next Truth in Food update. Subscribe here.
Most Popular Stories
- What a shame. Raising sentiment, emotion and authentic memories in the name of agriculture. And shame on Dodge for trying to sell a few trucks. Note to Agvocacy: There's always March Madness... More...
- Deploy this Common Sense test to understand things naturally- ==Test 1== 1. Assume you are a Vegetarian. 2. Think of fruit plucking as a way to eat. 3. Do it daily. 4. Take photos and videos of this d... More...
- There is an implied social contract. If consumers are going to demand producers increase their costs to meet certain standards then we should support these producers instead of turning and buying food... More...
- Thou shall not kill animals? Wow, what about all the micro-organisms that are found in the soil that are killed every time a farmer plows his fields?? Read "The Vegetarian Myth" by Keith. Also look at... More...
- Well said! I took that same class and did that same project for Bob Taylor in my day as well, although memory doesn't serve what results I came up with. "The world was fed better, faster and cheaper b... More...